Hours per week
2 full days per week on-site
About the role:
We’re offering a Junior Production Coordinator internship for a passionate and tech-savvy candidate with expertise in G-Suite, creative and technical writing, social media, and project management. We’re looking for someone with a deep interest in being part of positive change as part of the feminist movement.
Ideally, you will have some production or personal assistant work under your belt, as you'll work closely with the director, production coordinator and producer. For the right candidate, the position has a high potential to lead to a paid position.
Being that our team is small, candidates for this role should want to increase their knowledge in all areas of production and running a small business. You should enjoy juggling several different kinds of tasks and projects. This internship will primarily take place as part of our office team, and focuses on the management of a film/TV production from an organizational standpoint.
Anyone with an interest in production management will benefit in a major way from this position.
About the film:
Hold Me Right is a documentary about the aftermath of sexual assault. We are currently in final stages of production and have already begun post-production.
The film provides a unique perspective on sexual assault, in a novel way. We expect that the film will have a substantial impact on the way our culture reacts to sexual assault, as well as an award-winning festival run.
Learn more here: holdmerightfilm.com
- Strong writing skills are a must
- A knack for multitasking, collaboration, organization, and business etiquette
- Experience with G-Suite, Apple products, Excel or Google Sheets
- Expert communicator with an excellent verbal command of the English Language
- Excellent at managing social media including Twitter, Tacebook, Instagram, etc.
- Able to work independently with direction
- Familiarity with film production in general
- Adaptable and willing to flow with changes as they arise
- Team player
- Your own laptop or computer to work on
Great to have:
- Drivers License
- 2 days/week commitment at our office at Union Square, New York, NY
- Under the direction of the production coordinator, write emails, press releases, outreach letters, social media posts, and perform general office duties
- Present ideas for social media videos and photos
- Review, write and synthesize materials related to rape and sexual assault
- Ability to take dictation and create accurate transcriptions
- Reimbursed or paid travel expenses
- Light snacks on-set and during work hours
- Opportunity for the right candidate to step into a paid position after a two-week review, and potential to be considered for a long-term role as Personal Assistant to the director
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a resume, brief cover letter, and – if you have them – references from past office or film work. Please highlight why you're passionate about being part of this film!