AmeriCorps Member Coordinators - Rebuilding Together South Sound
- Internship posted by Rebuilding Together South Sound
$13,732 Stipend, Education Award upon completion of the term, Health Insurance
Hours per week
38-40 hours per week, 10.5 month term
4019 Orchard Street
Rebuilding Together is a housing nonprofit with affiliates in Tacoma, Washington, and across the country. Together, we transform the lives of low-income homeowners by improving the safety and health of their homes and revitalizing our communities. Rebuilding Together's local affiliates and nearly 100,000 volunteers complete about 10,000 rebuild projects nationwide each year. Visit our website www.rebuildingtogether.org/capacitycorps to learn more. Visit http://sgiz.mobi/s3/3d7c9fabab60 to apply.
We are seeking individuals who want to get involved and ensure a safe and healthy home for every person in their community. During a ten month, full time AmeriCorps term, you'd earn a living stipend of $13,732 and an Education Award upon completion of the term. The term begins in mid-August 2018 and ends June 2019.
Rebuilding Together South Sound serves low-income homeowners, particularly seniors, veterans, families with children, and residents with disabilities, who are twice as likely to live in low-income households. Our clients live in homes that are 50 years old on average. Older homes require ongoing maintenance and repairs and are more likely to pose significant health and safety risks, especially to seniors and people with disabilities who need well-maintained homes and modifications to prevent falls and keep their homes safe and accessible. Unfortunately, necessary repairs and modifications are too costly for the homeowners we assist.
Our AmeriCorps members are a key part of our team, building skills and helping us serve the most vulnerable people in our community. One AmeriCorps member will already be serving and coordinating our Rebuilding Day Program. The open positions are our Year Round Services Coordinator and our Client Coordinator. The Year Round Services Coordinator will assist homeowners with accessibility and emergency repairs as well as coordinating teams of volunteers and contractors. The Client Coordinator will assist homeowners through the application process and engage with a variety of community organizations.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be a US citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
• Individuals may serve no more than four terms in AmeriCorps
• Must pass a criminal history review
• Volunteer service experience; managing or coordinating other volunteers is a plus
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and use of internet
• Ability to function in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where each team member must balance being organized and detail-orientated with being flexible and keeping up with changing scopes of project work
• Ability to communicate in clear and encouraging language with a diverse community and staff--in writing, in person, and over the phone
• Experience with database systems or willingness to learn
• Experience with construction methods, home repair, and housing issues
• Comfort with speaking and presenting in front of large groups--experience training or teaching adults/volunteers is a plus
• Ability to work equally well on independent projects as well as on collaborative, team projects
• Reliable transportation for daily commute and core position responsibilities
• Ability to walk, climb stairs, stand, and lift/carry 50 pounds for extended periods of time