Hours per week
20 hours per week
1250 H Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Paid Summer GuideStar Marketing Internship ~ Position Description
GuideStar is looking for a paid, part-time Summer Marketing intern, based in Washington, DC to join our dynamic Marketing and Communications team. In this role, you will gain hands-on experience marketing our products and services to our vast audience of nonprofits, donors, funders, etc. and promoting our mission to increase transparency in the nonprofit sector.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Marketing and Outreach Manager to manage social media strategies and implementation. This includes: maintaining our editorial calendar, creating engagement strategies, drafting content, running reports, responding to follower inquiries, and monitoring our various channels.
- Monitoring and measuring GuideStar’s Marketing and Communications metrics to update monthly reports and create other reports as needed
- Conducting post event analysis to determine success of our nonprofit profile training program
- Developing copy for webinar landing pages and emails, creating promotion outreach strategies and managing the webinar master calendar
- Assisting members of the GuideStar team in preparation for speaking opportunities and conference sponsorships
- Working to implement various marketing strategies to improve GuideStar’s position in the marketplace
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with passion for marketing/communications, social media, and philanthropy
- Currently studying marketing, communications, business or other related majors
- Ability to work independently and manage high-detail, deadline-sensitive projects with professional quality
- Team player attitude, demonstrated by being flexible and responsible as well as being a self-starter
- Bonus Qualifications but not required:
- Experience managing professional social media platforms
- Experience working with marketing management software (HubSpot, Google Analytics)
- This position will report to GuideStar’s Marketing and Outreach Manager.
- Who is eligible?
- Current undergraduate, graduate college students, or recent graduates are eligible for the internship program. To qualify, you must be pursuing or have recently pursued a degree, certificate or diploma (full time or part time), and at least 18 years of age. You also need to be in good academic standing at your school and a U.S. citizen.
What are the benefits?
- Hands-on marketing and communications work experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Students may qualify for credit towards degree requirements
- Join our team today! Go to www.guidestar.org to find out more.
GuideStar USA Inc. is EEO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
If you care about nonprofits and the work they do and have relevant skills and experience, please consider applying even if your background doesn’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply”.
How To Apply
To apply, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include: Cover letter explaining interest, dates of availability, and any specific interest and experience in marketing and communications