Hours per week
40 hours a week
F393/4 Otswe Street, Accra
AVAILABLE POSITION - Marketing and Communications Intern
Impact Hub Accra is currently accepting applications for graduate-level interns focused on communications, branding, marketing, and business development. This position is perfect for a self-starter looking for experience applying communications and marketing strategy within the innovation ecosystem in West Africa. This internship is full-time (40 hours/week) and will be split between two separate organizations: Impact Hub Accra’s Health Innovation Program (20 hours/week) and the Practical Education Network (20 hours/week), a startup based in Impact Hub Accra’s co-working space.
HEALTH INNOVATION PROGRAM
In June 2016, Impact Hub Accra launched a specialized health innovation program to support the burgeoning ecosystem of community health and healthcare leaders throughout Ghana. The program is focused on creating a vibrant, pan-African health innovation ecosystem through a diverse offering of health- related programs. Examples include, but are not limited to: an incubation program for early-stage startups, a summer research program for MPH and PhD candidates, and a countrywide fellowship program for young global health leaders.
- Understanding and implementation of Impact Hub global brand strategy
- Impact Hub Accra Health Innovation brand development
- Oversight of MEDspace website development (working with remote web developer)
- Development of Health Innovation social media strategy and identification of appropriate implementation tools
- Content creation/design for business development documents and impact measurement reports
PRACTICAL EDUCATION NETWORK
PEN promotes hands-on learning in West African STEM classrooms. PEN’s curriculum utilizes locally-available materials to form activities that align with national standards. Over the last 3 years, PEN has trained 2,500 Ghanaian teachers and 100 local-level trainers in this experiential approach. To intern for PEN is to join a nimble team, which includes an American MIT alum and Ghanaians- all passionate about hands-on learning. The intern will develop a marketing and communications strategy at an optimal juncture, as the organization expands its reach across the country. By developing an approach to improve PEN's social and public presence, the intern's work has the potential to amplify PEN's impact.
- Develop a branding and marketing strategy (using both traditional and social media) that profiles PEN as a premier hands-on STEM training provider
- Make and implement recommendations for increasing brand awareness with PEN’s range of external stakeholders, locally and globally
- Make and implement recommendations for increasing the hands-on science “buzz” within PEN’s extensive teacher network
- Liaise with teachers across the PEN network to source and produce success stories
- Leverage new logo and theme to support the production and delivery of key marketing materials (brochures, videos, etc.)
- Identify key personnel on media platforms to build relationships with
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
Interns will work in-person at Impact Hub Accra (Osu, Accra, Ghana). Modest housing shared with the PEN team and a modest living stipend will be provided to help offset costs. This internship may also count for course credit. International interns will be personally responsible for all travel costs including flights, immunizations (Ghana requires the Yellow Fever vaccination), and visa fees. However, the team at Impact Hub Accra will provide operational support to assist with all of the above.
Location: Osu, Accra, Ghana
Time Commitment: 40 hours per week
Salary: Housing + modest living stipend available
Start/End Dates: Flexible (two months minimum)
How To Apply
Please attach a cover letter, a resume/CV, and a writing sample and send to the email provided with the subject Marketing & Communications Intern.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the position.