Hours per week
About our organization:
We believe in women empowering themselves through language and technology. Based at the Hopes-Sitti Women’s Center and with the support of Hopes for Women in Education, a nonprofit registered in Canada in Jordan, we coordinate and support online language-exchange sessions between Palestinian refugee women learning English and young women learning Arabic in universities across the U.S., Canada, & Europe. We also provide weekly English classes for women in the camp, taught by expatriate volunteers, and will soon be launching a Pathways to Employment Initiative as well as professional development courses.
About the position:
Banaat Connect is seeking a student intern (either current students or recent graduates) for a position at our Center in Jordan or remotely. The intern will play a critical role in BC’s marketing and social media outreach efforts. Commitment of 10-15/week.
This includes drafting content for Banaat Connect’s Facebook, Twitter, and blog, including working with our Assistant Program Coordinator to ensure relevant materials are translated into Arabic. The intern will also research social media best practices in order to increase our audience and impact. If in-country, the intern will have the opportunity to see BC’s work on the ground by assisting at events at our Center.
- Increase social media presence.
- Coordinate with Ass. Program Coord. to translate facebook posts.
- Research social media best practices to increase our audience.
- Plan and draft social media posts.
- Research marketing techniques outside of social media that can/should be undertaken by Banaat Connect.
- Improve marketing strategies.
- Help draft monthly newsletter.
- Previous experience in development, communications, and/or nonprofit work preferred.
- Must be an excellent and compelling communicator.
- Previous experience in Arabic and the Middle East is ideal but not required.
- High energy self-starter, able to work independently.
- Passion for nonprofit work, especially as it relates to women’s empowerment, education, and refugee aid.
This internship is unpaid, but interns may seek academic credit from their institution. We are flexible on schedule and time commitment to meet interns' needs.
Location is flexible for this position, interns may be based remotely or live in Amman and commute to our location at the Gaza Refugee Camp in Jerash, Jordan.
The position offers the opportunity to work for a not-for-profit based in Amman, Jordan serving female Palestinian refugees in the Gaza Refugee Camp. Intern will gain experience in non-profit development, focusing on grant research and writing, and will work closely with Banaat Connect leadership.