Hours per week
Full-time/part-time (minimum 20 hours a week) 3 months
We are looking for an energetic and qualified candidate to assist the Communications team in developing and establishing marketing & outreach strategies in accordance with the holistic communication strategy, geared at increasing Migration Hub Network’s public recognition. The Outreach & Communication Intern/Volunteer executes the day to day marketing activities of the organisation and contributes to the long term communication strategy.
The communications team supports the promotion of the image of MHN and constantly seeks opportunities for MHN and its members.
The Communication & Advocacy Intern/Volunteer at MHN,
- Acts on the implementation of MHN's communication strategy, and contributes to the overall communication strategy by developing and expanding the marketing and outreach aspects of MHN.
- Promotes MHN via social media and ensures steady feed of information from within the MHN to the public.
- Supports the maintenance of all promotional material, including flyers, social media, blog, website etc.
- Keeps track of videos and photographic material taken in an internal context and makes sure MHN has representative material available for promotion as needed.
- Implements other general communications and marketing tasks.
- Assists the execution and planning of larger events.
- You're a bit of an all-rounder: you love surfing the internet, getting lost in research, as well as networking and connecting at conferences, events or workshops;
- Ideally, you are enrolled as a student in a field related to communications, international relations, project management, marketing or similar;
- Available to work part- or full-time for a minimum duration of 3 months;
- First experience working in an intercultural context in communication, social media management or marketing advantageous;
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural & communication skills;
- Self-organized & proactive;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and preferably in German, other languages an advantage.
There is the option to agree on a work focus with your supervisor that can be adapted to your particular interests, thesis etc. (e.g. research on migrant entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship in the MENA region,...).
About Migration Hub
Migration Hub Network is a non-profit company dedicated to creating spaces where social
entrepreneurs and organisations meet to design solutions around mass migration. Our network
generates not only physical impact, but connects organisations across Europe, fostering
collaboration between actors in the public and private sector in order to transform the challenges surrounding migration into opportunities. Migration Hubs identify and host promising social initiatives and social entrepreneurs working in the field of migration and inclusion, and help them thrive. We assist in scaling grassroots initiatives into sustainable entities to empower migrants from all walks of life, build relationships with other organisations in the field, and match initiatives with our partners (NGOs, CSR departments, foundations, academic institutions) who already do, or want to, support migrants and newcomers.
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining our highly motivated, diverse team in our beautiful location in the heart of Berlin, please send your application (consisting of a CV and cover letter) to Hannah Wuzel at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, but no later than May 4nd. We place a particular emphasis on diversity in our recruitment efforts.