Kids Kicking Cancer is excited to offer fall internships for college students or recent graduates looking to gain experience working in a non-profit. Our internships will run from October – December for a 10-12 week period. Interns are expected to work 8-10 hours a week and will receive a $1000 stipend at the end of their internship. All interns will learn about and participate in the company culture by attending meetings and training sessions (as applicable) and getting involved in organizational events.
• Work with team to plan and implement Family Support Programs, AYA and Parent Programs
• Prepare and manage logistics for upcoming events like Holiday gift outreach and organization, November Conference, and drive-thru events etc
• Create, compile, and update resources to share with families and other constituents
• Build out donor stewardship and family support projects for program activities
Working toward a degree in social work, child life, non-profit management, community relations, community health, education, etc.
Experience planning and implementing programming for kids
Experience working with children or in the medical sector preferred
• Monitor social media analytics and provide weekly updates/reporting
• Assist with creating social content (copy and graphics/video) and mass emails for posting on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
• Participate in brainstorming and development of weekly/monthly social media calendar.
• Write guest blog posts for posting on our website bi-weekly
• Review and edit program materials/collateral and assist with development of production times
Working toward a degree/recently graduated from a four-year college or university in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
Strong writing skills with understanding of various writing styles.
Knowledge of Google Analytics and other digital marketing systems.
Photo editing or design (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.) experience a plus.
Submit your application here or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Intern – Programs or Intern – Marketing. Please include a short cover letter telling us why you are interested in this opportunity!
KKC requires its staff to be vaccinated for Covid-19.
Open to remote applicants, but preference given for those who may be able to come to the Southfield, MI office on occasion.
Kids Kicking Cancer is excited to offer fall internships for college students or recent graduates looking to gain experience working in a non-profit. Our internships will run from October – December for a 10-12 week period. Interns are…
Please include which internship you are most interested in, in your cover letter.