o Gardening, and
o Soil Maintenance.
○ Drafting Quarterly Mikoko Newsletter (Mikoko Magazines);
○ Compiling Reports for Membership Database, grants, etc;
○ Assisting the Mikoko team with event planning and outreach.
Travel: Volunteers will be expected to travel to Mikoko Program field sites on a regular basis. All work-related travel expenses will be covered by the Mikoko Internship Program. Travel done outside of work will be the responsibility of the volunteer. There will be no vacation or annual leave time awarded to this position.
About Fees: A 30% nonrefundable deposit will be due six weeks prior to departure with the remaining 70% of the program fee will be due two weeks prior to departure. Covered by fee:
· Basic Kiswahili Language Lessons (mandatory unless fluent in Kiswahili)
· Local Travel & Communication (including simcard)
· Airport Pick Up & Drop Off
· Program orientation, training and materials
· Staff coordination and support
· Work related travel and expenses
· Administrative fees
· Residence permit
· Work Visa Not covered by fee:
· Immunizations (routine immunizations are recommended) Not covered by fee
o If you plan travel elsewhere in Africa before/after your volunteer experience you may need proof of other immunizations.
o If you are traveling to Tanzania from a country with a risk of Yellow Fever Virus transmission (including layovers greater than 12 hours), proof of Yellow Fever immunization is required.
Travel: Volunteers will be expected to travel to Mikoko Program field sites on a regular basis. All work-related travel expenses will be covered by the Mikoko Internship Program…