Up to $1,000 stipend available at end of season.
Hours per week
Minimum 12 hours in office per week. Special events may require additional evening an weekend hours.
Seeking creative, entrepreneurial student to play hands-on role in supporting fundraising, marketing, and event production activities for a small, dynamic nonprofit dedicated to promoting the architecture and design of New York City.
About Open House New York
The design of the built environment is fundamentally important to enabling a vibrant civic life. To this end, Open House New York provides broad audiences with unparalleled access to the extraordinary architecture of New York and to the people who help design, build, and preserve the city. Our year-round programs and annual OHNY Weekend -- one of the largest architectural festivals in the nation -- celebrate the best examples of design and planning throughout the five boroughs and foster a more informed conversation about how architecture and urban design can shape a more sustainable, equitable future for all New Yorkers. Learn more at ohny.org.
We are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, personable intern who shares our passion for New York City and is ready to hit the ground running to support a full range of fundraising, marketing and event production activities at our small but fast-paced nonprofit.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Assist with all aspects of membership processing and donor acknowledgement
- Produce content for new website and social media, including profiles with members, volunteers and site hosts
- Support event production for wide range of events, from donor cocktail parties to large-scale design lectures
- Track major real estate development and urban planning issues shaping New York City
- Research information about potential foundation/corporate funders and individual donors/prospects
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks.
- Strong interest in New York City design, planning and history.
- Excellent writing skills, including ability to interview and write profiles.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Computer savvy, including knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Even better if you know Salesforce, too.
- Ability to work quickly, be comfortable with ambiguity and adapt as needed.
- Comfortable interacting with the public with exemplary customer service.
- Previous office experience working for a nonprofit or startup.
- Photography experience a bonus.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and one short, non-academic writing sample (eg blog post) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify “Internship + Your Name” in the subject line.