Hours per week
Background of PFCF:
Playing For Change is a multimedia movement created to inspire, connect, and bring peace to the world through music. The Playing For Change Foundation (PFCF) was established in 2007 and is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization. PFCF is dedicated to connecting the world through music by providing resources (including, but not limited to facilities, supplies, and educational programs) to musicians and their communities around the world. Our mission is to create positive change through music and arts education. We support music schools and programs that are created and run by the community, and then purposefully connect those communities around the world.
To date, 15 music schools and programs have been created in 11 countries including Bangladesh, Brazil, Ghana, Mali, Nepal, Rwanda, South Africa, Thailand, Morocco, Mexico and the United States. More than 1,000 young people attend free classes in dance, instruments, languages and music theory, all taught by qualified local teachers. 15,000+ greater community members have benefitted from these PFCF-operated programs.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Reports To: Communications and Outreach Manager
The Social Media Marketing intern will assist the Communications and Outreach Manager and staff in supporting program activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communications & Social Media support
- Special Events - staffing and planning
- Digital Marketing Strategy
Qualifications/Work Experience Requirements:
In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, or graduate degree majoring in non-profit, music, arts education, international relations, marketing, communications, or related fields.
This is an unpaid internship. Interns will gain valuable experience. Applying for the internship for college credit is a plus (with approval from academic institution).
Candidate should possess the following skills:
- Ability to manage office administrative tasks, administrative experience prefered.
- Ability to work independently and multi-tasking.
- Strong interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
- An interest in working in a start up environment and non-profit work.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Reader. Experience with social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design software experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Internet sharing sites such as Flickr, YouTube, and Vimeo
- Efficient web browsing and research skills.
- Able to bring in your own laptop to office and when working virtually.
- MUST live in the LA area, or plan to live there by beginning of internship term.
How To Apply
If interested please send:
- Cover Letter of Intent (1 page, please): Please include why you want to be involved in the Playing For Change Foundation and where your interests lie within the duties listed above
- Resume (1 page): Highlight relevant school, internship and/or work experience