Hours per week
3 to 5 days per week
1109 5th Avenue
The Communications Department at the Jewish Museum is offering an excellent opportunity for an individual who is interested in learning about art and cultural communications for a major art museum in NYC. The intern will assist the Communications Department with a variety of tasks including media monitoring and clipping, press list building, and press outreach for exhibitions and public programs that explore the intersection of art and Jewish culture, as well as other projects as assigned. It is essential that applicants have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and are detail-oriented.
The intern will receive a museum identification card that allows for free admission to other museums and various discounts.
- Media research related to fall 2018 exhibitions and programs at the Jewish Museum, including compiling media contact information to expand the press mailing list.
- Assist with tracking and reporting of media outreach/coverage.
- Staff film shoots for television and other video coverage of exhibitions.
- Draft pitches and strategy documents for public and family programs.
- The opportunity to write press releases or blog posts for the Museum’s Medium platform.
- B.A. or M.A. candidate with preference given to those with majors or concentrations in Communications or Public Relations, Marketing, or Art History.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Creative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent people skills – ability to work cooperatively with others at all levels.
- Outstanding abilities with regard to written and verbal communications, editing, and proofreading.
- Strong computer skills with experience using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.). Photoshop helpful but not required.
- Interest in art and Jewish culture preferred.
Metrocards will be provided to interns living outside of a 1 mi. radius of the Museum, and all interns will receive an ID badge which will provide free admission to any museum in NYC.
How To Apply
Send Resume with Cover Letter and Intern Application To:
Human Resources Coordinator
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and encourages applications from diverse candidates.