1400 16th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Passionate about international humanitarian and global development work? Want an internship with an organization working to make a difference? Love storytelling? Join the InterAction Communications Team.
This is a part-time, unpaid internship during the spring 2019 semester and interns will be working approximately 20 hours/week.
InterAction’s Communications interns walk away with projects to put in their portfolios and a breadth of skills they can bring to any entry-level communications position. InterAction’s Communications team offers two, unpaid internship each semester to a student interested in gaining hands-on experience in social media, online communications, media relations and multimedia.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing and publishing creative content for all InterAction social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter
- Writing for InterAction website and blog
- Assisting in planning and compiling monthly eNewsletter
- Monitoring web performance using Google Analytics
- Working with Communications and IT teams to create a new online archive for photo contest submissions
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and strategies for marketing and communications
- Tracking, recording and logging InterAction media clips
- Working on infographics, videos or other multimedia content
- Helping plan and implement social media campaigns that inform and influence how people think about pivotal issues like the refugee crisis, ending poverty, and global health and nutrition.
- College junior, senior, or graduate student enrolled in a communications, public relations, journalism, English, international relations, graphic design or related degree program, or have recently obtained such a degree
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Prior experience with social media writing for an organization
- Interested in humanitarian relief and global development issues
- Passionate about storytelling and communications
- Talent for learning new skills quickly
- Creativity and willingness to contribute ideas
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently but also thrive in a team
- Self-motivated and flexible along with a can-do attitude
- Highly organized and detail oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience or familiarity with website production
- Multimedia, graphic design, video editing and photography skills desired, but not mandatory
- Must be able to work 20 or more hours a week
How To Apply
To Apply: All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Communications Spring Intern” in the subject line of the email.