2101 L St., NW
The Center for Green Schools at the U.S. Green Building Council believes that all students deserve the opportunity to attend schools that sustain the world they live in, enhance their health and well-being, and prepare them for 21st century careers. The Center works with school decision makers, thought leaders, global corporations, and governing bodies to drive progress at the intersection of sustainability, education, public health, and the built environment.
The Schools Market Research Intern will investigate several factors that influence uptake of green schools policies and practices by schools and school districts. The work will include data analysis and stakeholder interviews, among other methods. The intern will also provide support as needed to additional, high-priority team projects over the summer. The position requires entrepreneurship and active teamwork, and successful candidates will be able to work well both independently and in teams.
Internship details include
This is a full-time, paid position for 14 weeks at 40 hours per week.
- Analyze USGBC data, including LEED certification, professional credentialing, and other product sales to understand regional trends.
- Investigate uptake of additional external green schools products, services, and networks to understand broader green schools market trends. Compare these to education market trends to understand what factors are impacting the uptake of USGBC products and platforms.
- Follow up on data analysis by conducting interviews and focus groups with stakeholders.
- Create recommendations for USGBC, including priority regions, products, and improvements that should be included in the organization’s plans moving forward.
Center for Green Schools operations
- Assist in managing databases and contacts through platforms including Salesforce and Yellowfin.
- Support communications to new and existing LEED-certified schools and K-12 school USGBC Members through articles, emails, and other outreach campaigns.
Provide support for several high profile events, including but not limited to attendee registration support and follow up, program/material preparation and onsite logistics.
- National Council of Environmental Legislators summit (August 2018)
- Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools Award Celebration (September 2018)
Education & training requirements/preferences
Required: Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program whose studies and research interests include business, finance, environmental science, environmental studies, geography, sustainability, sustainable business, educational leadership, or another relevant field.
Other required skills and qualifications
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills (MS Office)
- A strong and demonstrated interest in sustainability and USGBC’s mission
How To Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.