Energy Futures Initiative (EFI) Inc. is a nonprofit clean energy think tank dedicated to advancing technically grounded solutions to climate change through evidence-based analysis, thought leadership, and coalition-building. As part of its policy analysis and public education mission, EFI supports an on-going program of Research Fellows and Interns. The purpose of this program is to provide early career clean energy analysts with practical work experience to supplement their academic training. EFI is currently searching for professional, highly motivated, and detail-oriented Research Fellows and Interns to join our research team.
Research Fellows and Interns primarily do research, analysis, writing, data collection, and visualization development for clean energy analytical and policy development projects. The specific nature of the work for both Research Interns and Fellows varies depending on the project, their level of experience, and will include support for public-policy focused efforts of the Energy Futures Initiative and the more traditional consulting relationships for EJM Associates. EJM Associates LLC is a strategic consulting firm that helps clients navigate the transition to a global clean energy economy by advising on a range of energy policy, innovation, and security issues.
Interns and Research Fellows perform analysis under the oversight of a senior EFI Manager or other designated member of the organization. Research Fellows and Interns work individually and in teams to conduct research and fact-finding missions before consolidating the results into analyses that are complete, accurate, and cogent. They both may participate in meetings to brainstorm analysis, maintain situational awareness, and discuss research design, direction, and strategy. Both occasionally attend outside events and conferences on behalf of the organization. Their analysis is used internally (e.g. discussions, memos) or for external audiences (e.g. public reports, proposals, work products for clients, presentations). It is important for Fellows and Interns to stay up-to-date on events and trends in the energy and climate arenas.
· Individual research, writing, data visualization, etc.: 60%
· Research planning and meetings: 20%
· Communications: 15%
· Administrative: 5%
· Qualitative and quantitative data analysis
· General skill with internet-based research
· Experience with technical and scientific writing
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Experience with graphic design and data visualization (e.g. Tableau)
· Some limited work and/or study on analytical issues related to energy and/or decarbonization
· Bachelor’s degree (or in process) in environmental science, climate science, public policy, engineering, economics, or related field
· Baseline knowledge of energy systems, climate policy, and related topics
EFI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination, based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.
Energy Futures Initiative (EFI) Inc. is a nonprofit clean energy think tank dedicated to advancing technically grounded solutions to climate change through evidence-based analysis, thought leadership, and coalition-building. As part of…