Hours per week
3029 Miller Road
Michigan League of Conservation Voters -- Communications Intern
The Michigan League of Conservation Voters is seeking an intern in our Communications
Department who will support the organization’s work amplifying stories of the most pressing
land, air, and water issues facing Michiganders. The ideal candidate is a strong writer and with
an ability to write for varying audiences and motivate them to act to protect drinking water,
clean air and Great Lakes protections.
This position is an opportunity to learn about political communications at a fast-paced nonprofit
with a tight-knit team focused on delivering high-quality, innovative content that achieves real
victories for Michigan’s land, air and water. Interns will gain valuable experience writing for
different formats including email, social media and traditional press relations and will have the
opportunity to pitch their own creative ideas to help advance our priorities as they relate to land,
air and water conservation.
● Support Michigan LCV’s Digital Organizer by by writing blogs, membership emails, and
compelling social media content that engage online audiences and drive action.
● Attend Michigan LCV events and help the communications team live stream, take photos
and collect video footage.
● Support the Communication Director in planning press events by finding locations,
scheduling speakers, and crafting fact sheets and other supporting materials.
● Participate in Communications Department meetings and help brainstorm creative,
innovative ways to tell our story and encourage the public to take action.
● Help the Communications team transcribe video content and draft scripts/storyboards
that compile footage into engaging digital content.
● Track and report out on Michigan LCV’s earned media coverage and social media
● A strong writer with the ability to write quickly for a variety of mediums.
● A collaborative team player with a can-do attitude, willing to jump in where needed and
help the team meet deadlines.
● A creative mind with a sense of humor who can help us write engaging social media
● Tech-savvy with an ability to quickly use web apps (Canva and Animoto) to help
Michigan LCV create simple graphics and video content for use on social media.
● An avid consumer of news who is excited to communicate on pressing environmental
issues across Michigan and learn the basics of media relations.
● A passion for social and environmental justice and an interest in learning more about
state-level policy and campaigns.
Benefits and Compensation:
Michigan LCV offers interns the opportunity to work between 10 and 20 hours a week and
compensates interns at $15/hour.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter no longer than one page to
firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Communications Intern” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.