Hours per week
full time and part time positions available
1615 L St NW
District of Columbia
Internships available spring 2019:
- Payday Campaign: This intern will work with AFR payday campaign manager as the coalition continues to defend consumer protections for borrowers of predatory loans—by lifting up the stories of community members and putting pressure on Congress and regulators to maintain and expand protections.
- Administrative: This intern will get the greatest experience with non-profit management and public administration, working with the COO and the Operations Manager to help maintain our systems, work on keeping accounting, help prepare grants applications and reports, and sustain our internal communications and organizational structures. This is a part time internship or may be integrated with the Take On Wall Street internship.
Responsibilities will vary according to the particular internship, but generally would include:
- Maintain lists and collections of press clips;
- Help to craft, maintain, and circulate relevant campaign or communications materials;
- Help promote our message by contributing to and implementing communications, new media and outreach plans;
- Support a field and lobbying advocacy campaign;
- Potentially help organize and staff congressional hearings, briefings, press conferences, coalition meetings, petition deliveries, or other events.
Ideal candidates should have a strong commitment to economic justice, racial justice, and social justice. They should have excellent written and oral communication skills; high proficiency with general office software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Paint and PowerPoint preferred); and knowledge and experience with website maintenance, blogging, design, and social networks. We are also looking for someone who is detail oriented, has solid judgement and good relationship-building skills, and a sense of humor to boot.
Please see here for more about AFR, the internship program, and how to apply.
How To Apply
Please send a resume, a cover letter, a brief writing sample, and 3 references to email@example.com. Please include in your email subject which internship you are most interested in.