Hours per week
24 hours per week for 12 weeks
About Global Citizen
Our mission is to build a movement of 100MM Global Citizens whose actions will help achieve our vision of a world without extreme poverty by 2030.
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On our platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions — as part of a global community committed to lasting change.
So far, more than 13 million actions have been taken by Global Citizens, leading to $35 billion commitments being made by world leaders, which are set to affect 1.3 billion lives by 2030.
About the Global Citizen Video Internship
As a video intern, you will play an integral role in the creation of daily video content for Global Citizen’s Facebook page and other digital channels. Our small video team produces more than 30 new videos each month, generating over 3 million views on Facebook alone.
Video interns will be expected to pitch, write, and edit several short videos per week using Global Citizen’s daily social video format. Your videos will have the potential to reach millions of viewers, raising awareness about the causes and values Global Citizen promotes.
In addition to editing daily social videos, interns will have the opportunity to participate in a range of other video projects, including event coverage, livestreams, studio shoots, and documentary-style productions.
Interns will also be encouraged to develop and pitch ideas for their own special video projects. Global Citizen video interns should be excited to work in a fast-paced team environment and have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with some experience in video editing and production, and a strong desire to learn more. A successful Global Citizen intern will be a self-starter, responsive to feedback, and pay strong attention to detail.
- Pitch, write, and edit short, shareable, issue-focused videos for Facebook
- Assist in the production of Global Citizen original videos, including brainstorming, planning, set-up, filming, transcription, and editing
- Assist with video production during Global Citizen live events, including in-office performance livestreams, music festivals, and panel discussions
- Strong familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Strong English writing/journalism skills
- Some familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and/or After Effects
- Experiencing setting up and operating video production gear including DLSR &, digital cine cameras (Sony FS5 or equivalent), sound equipment, and studio lighting
- Familiarity with global development issues
- Interest in, and respect toward, a variety of cultural practices and backgrounds
- Interest in pop culture / social media trends
- Personal commitment to ending extreme poverty and related causes
- Interest in international development and economic empowerment
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with variety of individuals and organizations
- Can-do attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and hit tight deadlines
- Willingness to respond positively to constructive feedback
- Attention to detail
- Creative flare
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
- Paid internship position of $15/hour
- Interns are expected to work a minimum of 3 days per week and work from Global Citizen’s SoHo headquarters in New York City
- Must be eligible to work in the United States with I-9 supporting documentation
How To Apply
Please apply here with a resume, cover letter, and portfolio.