Hours per week
Rocketship Public Schools (www.rocketshipschools.org) is a network of public K through 5 charter schools serving primarily low-income students in neighborhoods where access to excellent schools is limited. Using a blend of traditional instruction, adaptive technology and targeted tutoring, Rocketship strives to meet the unique needs of each and every student. But we believe that truly transformative schools do more than educate students; they empower teachers, engage parents and inspire communities. Together, we can eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
Rocketship schools are located in San Jose, Milwaukee, Nashville, and Washington, DC but we realize the achievement gap stretches across the nation. We're opening new schools every year to help reach the millions of students striving in underperforming schools every day.
The School Psychology Intern will work across multiple Rocketship school sites under the direct supervision of the Lead School Psychologist. Rocketship School Psychology Interns are responsible for providing both direct and indirect support to students, families, and staff members in order to ensure high quality programming for students with disabilities.
This position will be a school-based role in the designated region. This will be a part- or full-time position, depending on the availability of the intern.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Participate in psycho-educational and formal behavior assessments; write quality, compliant assessment reports
• Attend IEP meetings; present assessment findings to the team
• Assist in the implementation of assessment recommendations as needed
• Participate in the pre-referral process and provide guidance to school teams regarding supports for struggling students
• Provide direct counseling or behavioral services to students as needed
• Work with parents to build knowledge of disability and inclusive support for students with disabilities
• Assist in providing in-service training in learning, child development and child management to parents, teachers, administrators and other professionals and paraprofessionals
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested by the appropriate administrator
• Eligibility for a School Psychology internship via an accredited university
• Bilingual, Spanish (strongly preferred)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Embrace the mission of Rocketship Public Schools
• Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Ability to be flexible and adaptive in a work environment that is still evolving.
• Perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks: maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other school personnel, meet schedule and compliance deadlines.
• Possession of a valid California driver’s license: willingness to provide own transportation in conduct of work assignments as you will be required to travel from site to site to work with students and faculty at all sites
How to Apply
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools’ employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.