Travel Stipends, based on demonstrated need, are available
Free Arts NYC is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing under-served children with a unique combination of educational arts and mentoring programs that help them to foster the self-confidence and resiliency needed to realize their fullest potential.
Summer 2018 Internships
Free Arts NYC interns can expect a well-rounded internship experience that includes exposure to the workings of a busy non-profit office and direct service through our arts mentoring programs.
Whether working with our Program Team to support and manage one of our arts mentoring programs or with our Development Team assisting with event planning and fundraising, interns are an integral part of the organization and we pride ourselves on providing a learning, professional development focused environment.
Summer 2018 internships are the following:
- FAD Corporate intern/Social Media Intern
- FAD Data intern/FAD Materials intern
- Program and Operations Intern
- Special Events/Development intern
WHAT FREE ARTS INTERNS CAN EXPECT
- A well-rounded internship experience that includes office time and “on-the-ground” service in one of our programs working with youth and families
- Training and support from a direct staff supervisor
- A clear workplan with a variety of projects that provide a full view of the work of the organization
- Weekly meetings with your supervisor
- Professional Development opportunities including intern lunches with staff to discuss career paths, resumes, interviews, and more
- A team-oriented, passionate work environment
- Opportunity to build resume-worthy skills in non-profit management and development
- First-hand knowledge of the ways in which access to the arts can empower underserved youth and communities!
WHAT FREE ARTS EXPECTS FROM INTERNS
- A commitment and passion for our mission
- 10-25 hours of your time each week (depending on your schedule) for 8-12 weeks
- Attention to detail, willingness to learn, and work collaboratively
Compensation: Unpaid. Willing to work with students for credit. A limited number of travel stipends, based on demonstrated need, are available.
How To Apply
Free Arts NYC has the following deadlines for applications for Summer 2018 internships:
Priority: March 30 and Final: April 15
- Complete the intern application via this link.
- Email a current resume and a cover letter indicating which internship you are applying for, why you think you would be a good match for the role, and what you would like to learn during your internship, to Adelina Fontes, Program and Operations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include the subject line: Last name, first name – Internships(Idealist)”.
- Secure two references. Please share this link with your references and let them know which internship you are applying for.