Hours per week
1459 West Hubbard Street
Maestro Cares Foundation seeks an Event Planning and Administrative Intern to join the team. This intern will provide visual media development and execution for branded promotional items including but not limited to: merchandise, website and social media graphics, postcards, programs, advertisements, handouts, brochures, flyers, posters, and signage. A passion for the elements of design needed for content layout with and without templates. This unpaid internship position offers an excellent opportunity for skills development and portfolio-building, along with networking. Interns will be asked to work a minimum of 12 hours/week.
- Provide support to program staff on special projects and initiatives
- Assist in event planning related tasks including but not limited to logistics (ordering materials, conducting follow up tasks, setting up for events, etc.)
- Assist with general office tasks (filing, copying, organizing digital photos, etc.) as needed
- Update reports and program materials
- Assist in volunteer outreach and recruitment for concerts and other organization related events.
- Assist in the organization and tracking of supplies and inventory for concert events
- Data entry/database management
- Take minutes and update reports for management as necessary
- Initiate, coordinate and/or participate in all efforts to publicize event
- Build and maintain a team rapport with entire multidisciplinary project team
- Excellent Phone/communication skills
- Comfortable using Microsoft products
- Experience working with nonprofit foundations, Galas, event fundraising and/or event planning preferred
- Knowledge of nonprofit community issues; or demonstrated ability to learn and synthesize new information quickly
- Superior English-language writing skills are required; written/oral fluency in Spanish is recommended
- Current students or recent college graduates are encouraged to apply
Send resume, cover letter and references. Also – send ONE-PAGE ONLY writing samples – one in English and one in Spanish to email@example.com with Event Planning Administrative Intern in the subject line.