The North Carolina Justice Center seeks an energetic and highly energized Development Intern to help us carry out our mission. This opportunity is for the summer of 2022. In 2021, our interns worked remotely due to COVID-19 concerns. We will assess circumstances as we get closer to summer 2022 and make a decision as to whether our interns will work remotely this summer.
About the NC Justice Center
The North Carolina Justice Center is a progressive research and advocacy organization dedicated to expanding opportunity and protecting the rights of low-income individuals in North Carolina. For over 20 years, the Justice Center has been on the front lines in the courts, at the legislature, in the media, and in communities advocating for positive changes for poor and working North Carolinians. The Justice Center has played a primary role in most of the state’s major policy debates and successfully litigated hundreds of individual cases and class actions. For more information, visit www.ncjustice.org.
The Development Intern will gain valuable experience in project management, fundraising, and communications while working with NCJC Development Team on a variety of issues:
· Enter and maintain data in Salsa system
· Conduct Research relating to funding opportunities (grants, prospective donors)
· Help with logistical preparation for local and statewide fundraising events. Assist at events as needed, manage event volunteers
· Provide administrative support for donor stewardship and communications
· Create a multi-channel contact strategy to gauge engagement from our donors
· Pull queries to analyze engagement strategy goals
· Create quarterly reports for demographic information
· Develop welcome and re-engagement series
Skills & Qualifications:
· Interest and commitment to the work and mission of the North Carolina Justice Center
· Must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate college degree program
· Strong customer service orientation is required
· Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
· Superior writing and communication skills; ability to multi-task, learn quickly, organize, and prioritize work
· Proficiency in Office 365
· Working knowledge of databases (including Salsa, VAN) is preferred
· Familiarity with graphic design and social media tools is a plus
The North Carolina Justice Center is a non-profit organization entirely dependent on grants and donations, consequently we encourage candidates to apply for funding through their schools and explore alternate funding opportunities. Nevertheless, the Justice Center commits to providing fair compensation for all those employed.
The Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for available positions. The Justice Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
The North Carolina Justice Center seeks an energetic and highly energized Development Intern to help us carry out our mission. This opportunity is for the summer of 2022. In 2021, our interns worked remotely due to COVID-19 concerns. We will…
To apply complete an application at NC Justice Center – Development & Data Internship. Following the completion of the application online, please email a digital media/graphic sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and “Development Intern 2022” in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled. We will begin reviewing resumes on December 10, 2021.
To apply complete an application at NC Justice Center – Development & Data Internship. Following the completion of the application online, please email a digital media…