On-the-Ground Intern (housing, stipend + insurance provided)
- Internship posted by Students Helping Honduras
Departamento de Yoro
Students Helping Honduras is looking for an On-the-Ground Intern in El Progreso, Honduras. The Intern will work closely with the various Program Directors of the organization to assist them in their work, including at the Villa Soleada Children’s Home & Bilingual School and school construction projects. The intern will gain valuable administrative and on-the-ground experience in development aid work and join a team of 30+ staff and volunteers.
- Assist with on-the-ground logistics
- Assist Executive Director (Shin Fujiyama, CNN Hero) with daily tasks
- Assist Administrative Director with daily tasks
- Assist Director of Development with organization’s recurring donations program
- Assist with project visits and assessments
- Intermediate/advanced Spanish language
- Currently in university or university graduate
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Start Date: December 2018 or January 2019
Our Interns live together in a staff house located in the city center of El Progreso. The house is within walking distance to markets, thrift stores, gyms, clinics, parks, churches, restaurants, fruit stands, bakeries, pools, smoothie bars, and cafes. Running water, fully furnished kitchen, electricity, WiFi, hammocks, a patio, and a washing machine are available at the house.
Volunteer Card health insurance
Transportation to and from airport