Youth Alliance for Leadership and Development in Africa (YALDA US) Administrative Assistant Intern
- Internship posted by Youth Alliance for Leadership and Development in Africa (YALDA)
Hours per week
15 hours per week
Do you have a strong passion for the development of Africa? Do you have innovative ideas on how the youth can contribute to Africa’s development? Do you want to work directly with the African Development Bank, UNHabitat, the African Union, and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa? Do you want to attend meetings at the UN Headquarters in New York? Do you love to network and meet people from all over the world? Then this position is for you!
YALDA is a networking organization that is truly Africa branded : "By Africans, For Africa!".
YALDA is a non-profit international organization that was established by upper level and graduate Harvard University students in order to create a resourceful networking database for those with a strong interest in Africa. The network is centered around YALDA branches, primarily at African universities, and serves to increase the capacity of youth in Africa for developing positive leadership skills and to espouse an honest work ethic. YALDA US works on researching opportunities in Africa, fundraising activities, working with branches, maintaining relationship with UN and compliance with regulations as a 501 (c),(3).
YALDA US has a vacancy for the position of Administrative Assistant Intern reporting directly to the YALDA US President.
The YALDA US Administrative Assistant Intern is responsible for providing direct administrative and clerical support to YALDA US President in order to ensure effective and efficient operations. Please note this is an UNPAID internship.
The position requires a person who is detailed oriented, confident and exercises initiative while maintaining a professional demeanor. To be successful the ideal candidate will work with minimal supervision, propose solutions to problems, and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Manage, create and edit email correspondence on behalf of YALDA US President
- Manage UN Meeting calendar, email account, registrations for meetings and collect reports
- Attend meetings at the United Nations Headquartersin New York City as a YALDA representative
- Work with organizations such as the African Development Bank, UNHabitat, The African Union, the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa and YALI
- Data entry and database maintenance
- Prepare, edit and format documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
- Scheduling and organization of conference calls and webinars.
- Maintain electronic and paper files
- Basic research, data compilation and database maintenance for projects and documents
- Copying and organizing materials for meetings
- Maintain electronic calendars, coordinate meetings, set up recurring meetings, conference calls, etc.
- General administrative support
- Must have Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; administrative/clerical experience
- Advanced PC skills; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet browsers
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and accuracy of work
- Must have good writing skills, organization skills, and have research skills
- Communicate in a professional manner and develop good rapport with both internal and external individuals
- Candidates MUST be located in New York, NY or Boston, Massachusetts
- Must have constant and reliable access to internet
- Must have a strong interest in Africa
Access to the United Nations and top African Development organisations.