Social Media, Fundraising and PR Internship (Summer 2018)
- Internship posted by World Service Authority
Hours per week
12 to 20 hours per week
5 Thomas Circle NW
Undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in using their social media and communications skills to promote human rights and world citizenship are encouraged to apply for this 3 to 5 month, 12-20 (or more) hours per week internship (hours are flexible).
1) use social media to advance the goals of the organization; create content and images for social media posts;
2) contact individuals and organizations to seek funding for and partnerships with the organization;
3) research grant and PR opportunities;
4) draft and submit grant proposals;
5) create and manage online crowdfunding campaigns;
6) contact individuals and organizations to promote the goals and principles of the organization;
7) use Internet and desktop publishing tools to provide information, improve documentation, create brochures, publications and flyers, and promote the organization;
8) update website content and develop new websites;
9) create and produce video, photos, art and graphic designs for social media platforms;
10) initiate new outreach and networking projects;
11) respond to public requests for information about the organization;
12) research opportunities to meet with the public in various peace, human rights, environment, etc. conventions, meetings, panels and other forums.
Qualifications: Excellent communication skills required and multi-lingual applicants (especially French speakers) are preferred. Ability to write to and communicate with individuals and organizations persuasively, courteously, empathetically, concisely and efficiently. Experience with WordPress, video and photo editing software, and desktop publishing software is useful. An interest or activism in peace, law and global politics is helpful.
Please submit resume, cover letter, short (2-3 pages) writing sample, and list of references to davidgallup(at)worldservice.org.
We prefer that you email your application materials directly to the World Service Authority at davidgallup(at)worldservice.org
How To Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter, 2-3 page writing sample and a list of references by email to davidgallup(at)worldservice.org.