4301 Connecticut Avenue NW
About Girl Scouts
This is an unpaid internship. Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is the largest Girl Scout Council in the country. It provides girls in grades K-12 with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends, and discover the power of girls together. We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
Human Resources Intern Specific responsibilities
- Work with experienced Managers and Directors within the Council to learn about the various departments and management responsibilities.
- Addressing basic HR questions from staff
- Resolving problems with incomplete paperwork
- Updating various databases including the applicant flow, collaboration drive, advertising websites
- Researching and collecting data for various HR initiatives
- Networking with HR resources
- Performing Reference and background checks
- Assist with preparing materials for orientation
- Assisting with all new hire paperwork
- Assisting with scheduling interviews
- Assisting with advertising all open job positions; to include refreshing and closing jobs on recruitment websites
- Scheduling and coordinating use of Council conference rooms
- Creating new personnel files
- A student pursuing a Human Resources management degree or Business management/concentration in Human Resources
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
- A student that wants to gain professional skills and experiences through combine in-class theory with real world applications.
How To Apply
To apply, click here or the link above to complete application through our website.