1400 K Street NW
Development/Marketing Intern – Part/Full Time – Washington, DC
The Development/Marketing Intern supports the Grameen Foundation Development and Marketing/Communications departments with fundraising and communications efforts. S/he will join a dynamic team within this international nonprofit by assisting with projects intended to build relationships with our donors and external audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in stewarding current donors and reaching prospective donors. Activities may include fulfilling information requests, conducting appreciation efforts, acknowledging donations, and more.
· Assist with handwritten thank you notes and stewardship cards.
· Conduct donor research and put together profiles of current and prospective donors.
· Research companies with dedicated employee engagement/CSR departments and identify the right person to reach out to at those companies.
· Develop content and create modules that break down the different components of poverty for Employee Giving Circles.
· Assist with printing/preparing donor mailings.
· Contribute to Grameen Foundation’s digital marketing program by helping to generate social media content.
· Conduct research to support the Marketing/Communications team.
· Tag and organize photos in our Digital Asset Management tool (DAM).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Passion and commitment to our mission to end global poverty and hunger and willingness to learn.
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment with interaction with all levels of GF staff.
· Attention to detail; strong communication skills, both written and verbal; excellent interpersonal skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is required; experience with fundraising and constituency software is a plus.
· Experience in marketing, fundraising, or communications helpful. Graphic design experience a plus.
Fall 2018, 20+ hours/week – flexible depending on individual’s availability and interests.
Recent college graduate or junior or senior enrolled in an accredited college or university preferred. Demonstration of past leadership experience desired.
Senior Development Associate
Resume and one-page cover letter
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.