1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an award winning sports-based youth development program is seeking a dynamic, motivated individual to serve as Operations Interns during the summer of 2018.
Like all DREAM staff, the Operations Interns should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” in the United States by The Nonprofit Times.
Please see below for opportunities:
- Administrative Interns
- School Operations Interns
- Finance Intern
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
I. Administrative Interns:
See below for the responsibilities the first opportunity:
- Research a new Robocall system for the organization;
- Help to design and then implement a system for organizing and maintaining inventory of keys across all sites;
- Provide clerical assistance to 1991 front desk;
- Create a contract and database for Operations;
- Create a vendor database for Operations;
- Assess current utility bill charges for all sites and providing data on trends and usage;
- Ability to massage critical thinking skills and problem-solving acumen;
- Provide support during site-wide summer events.
II. School Operations Interns:
The ideal candidates are detail-oriented self-starters with a passion for closing the achievement gap. DREAM Charter School's mission is to prepare students for high-performing high schools, colleges and beyond through a rigorous academic program that develops critical thinkers who demonstrate a love of learning, strong character, and a commitment to wellness and active citizenship. See below for responsibilities:
- Support with the registration and enrollment process;
- Support with re-enrollment data entry;
- Support with beginning of year projects;
- Support with family outreach and communication;
- Support with auditing of scholar files;
- Support with day-to-day operations.
III. Finance Intern
See below for responsibilities:
- Scanning documents;
- Mail sorting and delivery;
- Bank Deposits;
- Reviewing Timesheets for accuracy.
- Must be a student at an accredited 4-year university;
- Ability to apply a problem-solving approach based on logic and critical thinking;
- Comfortably converse with vendors and other outside stakeholders;
- Ability to navigate the basic formulas associated with Excel (sum, average, countif, etc.);
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (specifically Word);
- Organize information and design accessible ways to share it;
- Ability to commit to a consistent schedule;
- Customer service skills;
- Team player;
- Ability to manage and handle data input projects efficiently;
- Attention to detail & accuracy in verbal and oral communications;
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred);
25-35 hours per week. Schedule is flexible.
Unpaid but course credit or volunteer arrangements are available.
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://careers.wearedream.org/careers/position/operations-summer-interns-east-harlem-new-york-ny-usa