Hours per week
10-15 hours per week
220 Northwest 8th Avenue
Bridging Our Divide
As a nation, we're being split apart by an inability to communicate and see common ground. There’s a growing sense of division and contempt fueled by partisanship, social media, and geographic separation. We need to work together to improve communication between people with different ideologies and different visions of America, because our core values overlap more than they differ and we are all at risk when divided and outraged. Bridging Our Divide is addressing the division and polarization in our country by hosting conversations and fostering productive dialogue through Community Dialogue Events in various cities around the United States.
Bridging Our Divide is looking to grow its base of donors that are committed to our mission and improving our outreach into different communities. As the Grant Writing and Events Intern, you will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors and will play an integral role in developing financial support for the organization through grants and outreach. This is an ideal position for someone with interest in and experience with one or more of the following: non-profit fundraising, grant writing, management of organizational or business social media, and website development. This is an ideal position for someone looking to further their development and outreach skills and experience in the non-profit sector.
- Identify grants and write proposals and letters of inquiry
- Research and prospect partnerships with businesses, organizations, and influential individuals
- Assist with outreach and planning for Community Dialogue Events in various cities, including coordinating with local partners and local businesses
- Identify and work with local hosts and venues for future Community Dialogue Events
- Highly organized individual with an aptitude for working in a start-up environment. This means being able to take on multiple projects, work independently, manage your time to meet deadlines, and happily tackle work that ranges from high-level responsibilities to tedious tasks.
- Strong research and writing skills are a must
- Intermediate skills in Word and Excel are required
- 10-15 hours per week
- Flexible hours / schedule
- This position is a remote role with regular phone or in-person meetings with the executive director and board of directors members