$13.00 per hour
Hours per week
7 hours per week
55 Broad Street
New Yorkers for Parks (NY4P) is the independent non-profit organization championing quality parks and open spaces for all New Yorkers in all neighborhoods. We provide tools that help communities create better open spaces for better neighborhoods. For over 100 years, NY4P has advocated for all of the city's parks, beaches, and playgrounds.
NY4P is looking for a Social Media Intern to help manage and elevate our social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the intern will promote NY4P’s programs and resources, while sharing news from other sources with the goal of increasing followers and engagement.
The intern is encouraged to bring creativity and original ideas to their work, and will have the opportunity to help shape our social media strategy. We’re always interested in finding new ways of making open space issues interesting, relevant, and fun. While our communications must be timely and factual, they can also be witty and fun. We love a good squirrel gif and aren’t afraid to tag Beyoncé in our tweets.
We’re a small, collaborative team and we value the ideas and contributions of our colleagues. We take our work seriously, but we have a lot of fun doing it.
Project and Responsibilities
- Manage social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Share NY4P news, resources and upcoming events, relevant NYC news media, partner events, and others
- Schedule social media posts using Hootsuite
- Monitor NY4P social media metrics and create reports every other week for the Director of Communications
- Identify, articulate, and implement (with Director approval) strategies for increasing engagement
- Increase NY4P followers, and deepen NY4P’s online engagement with followers and partner organizations
- Demonstrated academic and/or experience in social media
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn, with a passion for using social media to advance a mission or cause
- Able to take direction, work independently, and exercise caution and discernment in the creation and dissemination of NY4P’s most public-facing and widely read content
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Authorization to work at the posted terms by date of application
While experience with parks and open space is not required, candidates with an interest in urban planning and design, community organizing, environmental justice, sustainability, and/or local government are encouraged to apply.