Hours per week
Minimum of 24 hours per week
1250 H Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Our Events intern works closely with the Events & Education team on all aspects of event planning and implementation, including, but not limited to our signature annual National Meeting and our Diplomacy Begins Here Regional summits across the U.S. Events interns may also work on tasks relating to curriculum development projects. During the course of the internship, the Events intern may receive the opportunity to provide support to Global Ties U.S. exchange programs, which falls outside of the regular internship scope of work. The ideal candidate will be able to work at least 24 hours per week.
In an effort to strengthen the internship experience, we are looking for candidates able to commit to a late May/early June through mid to late December internship time frame. We can be flexible on the start and end date within reason. A stipend is provided.
· Ideal candidate has experience in event logistics, including registration processing, arranging catering and audio-visual services, and writing and editing marketing and program materials.
· Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills
· Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel)
· Ability to work under minimal supervision
· Detail oriented
· Experience with graphic design (InDesign and Photoshop) desired, but not essential
· Experience with Cvent desired, but not essential
· Flexibility and willingness to work beyond the parameters of a job description
· Ability to transition easily from working as a team player to working independently
· Background and interest in citizen diplomacy, public diplomacy, nonprofit leadership, global engagement, or international education and exchange preferred