Hours per week
Full Time; 40 hours/week
1015 15th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
United States of Care is searching for interns to join our expanding team during the summer session. The mission United States of Care is to ensure that every single American has access to quality, affordable health care regardless of health status, social need, or income. A new non-partisan non-profit, we are building and mobilizing a movement to achieve long-lasting solutions that make health care better for everyone. United States of Care will help make it happen by working with Americans from across the country: patients and caregivers, advocates, physicians and other clinicians, policymakers, and business, civic, and religious leaders.
Interns support all departments within United States of Care – policy, public affairs, operations, and state and federal engagement. Potential projects include policy research and social media management. Interns will also be encouraged to take advantage of local health care and networking events, and to bring that content back to the office to share with our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the United States of Care team in research, planning, and operations;
- Be able to read, understand, and summarize information and research in a concise manner for supervisor;
- Stay up to date with current health care related policies.
Policy & State Affairs Focus
- Write policy briefs and “one pager” research documents;
- Analyze and track state-level health care policy.
Public Affairs Focus
- Draft and publish press releases for website;
- Draft and manage content for social media platforms;
- Organize press and state tracker spreadsheets.
- Must have a strong commitment to ensuring every American has access to quality, affordable health care, and be open to operating in a bipartisan atmosphere exploring multiple policy solutions to achieve that mission;
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an undergraduate or masters program, preferably with a focus on Public Health, Public Policy, Health Care, Economics, or Communications;
- Flexible and enthusiastic about working in a startup environment and willing to take on a wide range of tasks necessary to support a growing team;
- Self-directed, takes initiative, and able to manage competing priorities;
- Relevant work experience;
- Strong communications and writing skills;
- Microsoft Office and G Suite proficiency.
This position is full time. Internships at United States of Care require a minimum 3 month commitment. Extension of the internship may be possible. Applicants must be located in either Washington, D.C. or Minneapolis, MN.
This position provides a monthly stipend of $2000 for 40 hours of work per week. There is also the opportunity for school credit, if permitted by your college or university.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Intern,” with the focus area you are interested in and your last name, in the subject line.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply. We prohibit discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law