$15 per hour
1107 9th Street
The Communications Intern will be responsible for updating the ITUP web site, including banners, landing pages, publication links, and event announcements, as well as supporting content development for ITUP postings, publications and external communications. The Communications Intern will work with ITUP in Sacramento for at least 15 hours per week, starting in November and ending in February.
- Current upper division or graduate student, or recent college graduate, with a major in communications, marketing, journalism, or public affairs
- Ability to work at least 15 hours per week through February 2019
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of MS Office, Dropbox, RegFox, WordPress and MailChimp; experience with HTML and CSS a plus
- Recent professional experience with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Eye for design (enthusiasm for user-friendly, visual presentation); must care about user experience and always be thinking in terms of how the user interacts/interprets what is on screen
- Excellent writer and copy editor; understand basic communications approaches and strategies
- Familiarity with image and video/audio editing a plus
ITUP internships are paid, part-time, hourly positions with entry level compensation. This internship pays $15.00 per hour plus reimbursement for parking or public transportation. Internships may lead to further paid work depending on the intern’s performance and available resources.
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ITUP Communications Internship” as the subject line of the email. Please also send a relevant work sample (e.g. an article, blog post, website link, social media example, etc.). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.