Hours per week
2-3 days per week, not to exceed 15 hours.
19 Clarendon Street
Development interns will work on a large number of changing projects that support the institutional team’s fundraising and cultivation efforts. Will focus primarily on corporate and institutional fundraising and sales efforts. Tasks may include research, development and preparation of solicitation materials, database work, mailings, preparation for and support during special events, correspondence with Boston Ballet’s boards of Trustees and Overseers, cross-departmental marketing and outreach projects, and general tasks vital to team administration. Interns will receive a broad and comprehensive view of corporate and institutional giving programs.
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate (must be junior or senior) or graduate program
- Excellent writing skills
- High proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Proactive, independent work style
- Must be very organized with close attention to detail
- Must be flexible and open to completing tasks and projects based changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Available 2-3 days per week, for at least half a business day, not to exceed 15 hours per week
- Available to work some evening events
- Proficiency in second language a plus
- Arts background not necessary but should have desire to learn more about sponsorship marketing and sales.
Boston Ballet internships are unpaid. Boston Ballet internships are for credit (preferred) or on a volunteer basis. Boston Ballet Interns in the Fall and Spring are eligible for complimentary tickets to season performances and discounted classes.