Hours per week
PO BOX 7429
Development and Fundraising Intern
Purpose: To further the mission of Arlington Thrive by assisting with fundraising events, development, and fundraising activities.
Description: Arlington Thrive seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist development, marketing, communications, fundraising, and administrative efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of development and fundraising while working for a well-known community based nonprofit organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with the marketing and logistics for fundraising events.
· Provide support for on-going development activities including prospect research, direct mail list development, grant writing support, and program marketing.
· Develop social media marketing, recruitment, and updates for events including Facebook updates, tweets, Instagram and website posts.
· Manage donor data in software programs.
· Assist in data cleaning, analysis, processing donations and preparing acknowledgement letters.
· Attend and participate in event related activities and meetings.
· Other projects as assigned by staff.
· Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to priorities.
· Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to details, as well as excellent problem solving abilities.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Experience working with social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter).
· Have self-discipline and time management skills necessary to work independently.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
· Have the ability to travel as needed to perform internship duties.
· Currently working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree at a university, college, or trade school, in a related field.
· At least a sophomore class standing/ranking.
· This internship is open to all majors; emphasis on Nonprofit Management, Fundraising, Event Planning and Business Administration.
Work Schedule/Time Commitment: 20-25 hours minimum per week during school and 30-40 hours minimum per week during summer.
Stipend: This internship provides a small stipend.
Responsible to: Director of Development and Executive Director
To apply for this internship, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org