Communications & Marketing Intern (Paid)
- Internship posted by American International Health Alliance
Hours per week
1225 Eye St. NW
The American International Health Alliance (AIHA) is seeking a Communications & Marketing Intern to work with us during the winter and spring of 2018, with the possibility of extending the term through the summer for the right person. This will be a part-time paid position with an expected time commitment of 15-20 hours a week.
As a member of the communications team at AIHA’s headquarters in Washington, DC, you will help us showcase our projects to train health workers and strengthen health system capacity in developing countries around the world. Your work will include liaising with field staff and partners to gather information, writing articles and success stories, and supporting our web and social media outreach efforts.
· Writing, maintaining, and enhancing content for our website using WordPress.
· Developing and publishing creative content for our social media accounts.
· Working with the communications and program teams (including field staff) to develop content for our online and print publications.
· Working on infographics and other graphic representations of AIHA’s work for online presentations and other purposes.
· Researching topics related to global public health, human resources for health, and health systems strengthening as requested.
· Performing other tasks (which might include administrative duties such as organizing our photo archive or updating contact lists) as requested.
· Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, English, journalism, or marketing
· Proficiency with WordPress required
· Experience with various social media platforms and metrics required
· An ardent storyteller with superior writing and research skills required
· Excellent Microsoft Office and digital marketing skills required
· Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud desired
· Self-motivated and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Good interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Familiarity with AP Style
· Knowledge of or interest in global health and development a plus
· Regular attendance required