Based on experience
Hours per week
1814 Franklin Street
The Education Trust–West works for the educational justice and the high academic achievement of all students at all levels, pre-K through college. We expose opportunity and achievement gaps that separate students of color, English learners, and low-income students from their peers, and we identify and advocate for the strategies that will forever close those gaps. We work alongside schools, districts, college campuses, and higher education institutions to understand and evaluate the effectiveness of reform strategies intended to reduce and eliminate achievement and opportunity gaps. We use lessons learned in these efforts, together with unflinching data analyses, to drive a state and national conversation about how our K-12 education system and colleges and universities can better serve all students. To learn more, please visit www.edtrustwest.org.
The Education Trust–West (ETW) seeks a temporary, part-time (10-15 hours/week) Quantitative Research Intern to support our Research and Policy Analysis team with quantitative data analysis. The ideal candidate has a passion for social justice issues and improving the educational opportunities and outcomes for low-income students and students of color, and an unwavering belief that all students can succeed.
This is a temporary position based in our Oakland office. We are interested in candidates who are available during the 2018-19 school year and ask for a commitment of at least one and up to two semesters.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret education data related to student achievement, attainment, and opportunities to learn
- Use statistical software to process data to:
- create variables
- restructure data files
- evaluate data quality and perform data-cleaning operations
- sort, update, and merge data files
- create outcome measures
- perform various forms of statistical and data analysis
- Support other staff at The Education Trust in finding data, creating presentations, identifying successful schools, and creating publications for public distribution.
- Participate in various stages of producing reports, proposals, and papers to updated research practices; preparing figures, charts, and tables; fact-checking and documentation
· At least two years of quantitative research and data analysis experience
· Strong familiarity with Excel
· Experience using statistical packages such as Stata, R, or SPSS.
· Strong follow-through skills and attention to detail
· Talent to write clearly and concisely
· Ability to work independently
· Strong interest in the use of quantitative research for addressing equity issues in education
· Results-oriented, achievement-driven approach to projects and tasks, with a clear understanding and focus on goals
· Desire to learn from experienced team members for personal growth
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please provide a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should describe your quantitative research background, experience to date, and your alignment with the mission.
You must combine your cover letter and resume into one document and upload that document. Our application system will not allow you to upload more than one file. To begin the application process, click this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=9e2312b5-b5bd-498a-975d-1e1c12aead82&jobId=106702&lang=en_US&source=CC2&ccId=19000101_000001
The Education Trust-West is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.