Unpaid Internship: Fundraising & Event Planning - Greenwich, CT., Summer 2018
- Internship posted by American Red Cross Greater New York Region
Hours per week
Part-time, 20 hours per week, fexible
99 Indian Field Road
This internship is located in Greenwich, CT and is for students who are natural networkers and enjoy creating effective strategies for engaging donors and planning events. You want to help mobilize the power of donors in support of the Red Cross mission. A strong interest and background in Fundraising and/or Nonprofit Management with knowledge of Salesforce and/or Raiser's Edge highly preferred.
- In this mission-critical role, you’ll assist the Regional Philanthropy Officer, based in Greenwich, CT. with fundraising, vendor support and special events in our Metro New York North Chapter.
- Projects include conducting in-depth research for Corporate and Individual fundraising, i.e. researching corporate partners, their employees and constituencies, researching and developing reports and presentations on Young Professionals and supporting external events and fundraisers.
- Special Skills: Intermediate proficiency with Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge preferred. This is a position that involves tasks and projects that process a lot of data and require critical thinking, strong communication, and management of confidential information.
You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at the time of the internship. Our Internship Program may not satisfy requirements for school practicums but can be done for credit.
Our formal Summer Internship Program typically runs for a specified 10-week duration.
- Monday, June 4th until Friday, August 10th
- Next date of hire: Monday, June 11th or Monday, June 18th
- Weekly Internship Hours Required: Part time and approximately 20 plus hour per week
Fundraising, Non-Profit Management, Humanities, Development, Financial Development, Public Administration or related majors.
Preferred Grade Levels
Undergraduate Junior, Undergraduate Senior or Graduate level.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is a mission-focused undergraduate or graduate college student seeking a meaningful internship experience who has the following qualities:
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Communicator
- Team Builder/Player
- Strategic Thinker
- No-task-is too-small attitude
What You'll Learn
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Management
- Training and mentoring from subject matter experts
- Volunteer Engagement, Management & Administration
- A deeper awareness of the Humanitarian Mission of the American Red Cross
- Cultivation of Cultural Competence and Inclusion
- An insider’s perspective on how financial donors are cultivated
How To Apply
Email your cover letter and resume. Our recruiter will review and if it is a match, you'll be invited to formally apply.