Events Associate Internship – Late Spring/Summer
- Internship posted by Impact Network International, Inc
$400 a month
Hours per week
15-20 a week
Impact Network is a New York-based NGO that delivers innovative e-learning programs in rural Africa. We introduce technology into remote, “off the grid” communities that lack trained teachers, enabling thousands of students to benefit from a high-quality education every year.
Each fall, we host our annual fundraiser, Chefs for Impact, a culinary-themed gala event that brings together top NYC chefs, corporate sponsors, and donors in support of our programs. Read more about the event here: www.chefsforimpact.org
We are planning our most exciting event yet and are looking for an energetic, highly organized, and driven intern to work closely with our executive team. The Events Associate Intern will gain hands-on experience working on this event and other fundraising projects. At our small non-profit organization, the intern will have the opportunity to make a significant impact to improve the quality of education for thousands of students served by our schools.
· Support the VP of External Relations in preparation for Chefs for Impact 2018
· Build out and confirm a strong list of auction items for live and silent auctions
· Coordinate with event vendors and venue to ensure a smooth event
· Create social media and communications strategy for event promotion
· Expand contact lists for corporate sponsorship and other funding
Core values & qualifications:
The ideal candidate is a dynamic and driven individual excited by the opportunity to contribute to the operations and impact of the organization. This ambitious individual will be resourceful, professional, and competent delivering work in individual and group settings. He/she will be highly motivated to making a difference and building a career in the non-profit sector.
The idea candidate has:
· A track record of strong academic performance
· Interest and experience related to events planning or fundraising for non-profit organizations
· Some experience in a non-profit setting and/or relevant education, with interest in international development
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and competence in implementing social media plans
· Ability to work independently or in a group
· A positive attitude towards solving problems, stressful situations, and learning new skills
· Excellent organizational skills with strategies for tracking tasks
· Confidence on the phone and in meeting new people
· Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
· A knack for storytelling and creative marketing
This internship offers a weekly stipend. As a small team, we offer flexibility and the opportunity to work on a variety of projects. We have worked with interns ranging from current college students to mid-career professionals looking to gain insights into the non-profit world.
How To Apply
· Please submit a resume and cover letter stating motivation and relevant experience via email to email@example.com with “New York Intern” in the subject line
· Submit all materials as a single .doc or .pdf file attachment