Hours per week
15 hours/week for 8 weeks (with potential for extension)
IDEAL is a small, but fast-growing national nonprofit seeking to change the way students approach political discussion. Standing for Inform, Discuss, Enlighten, Acknowledge, and Learn, it provides platforms for civil and intellectually minded student discussion, community engagement, and political journalism at its chapters on high school and college campuses across the United States.
IDEAL is currently seeking a Graphic Design and Digital Marketing Intern to work remotely.
The Graphic Design and Digital Marketing Intern will help to advance IDEAL’s communication strategy by assisting with IDEAL’s social media outreach and digital branding.
The position is part-time, no more than 15 hours a week, for college credit.
- Monitoring and creating social media content regarding activities of the national organization as well as campus chapters for IDEAL’s Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram platforms.
- Developing online graphic content to be used across IDEAL’s social media platforms and website.
- Maintain and improve content on the organization’s website by updating content, improving the user experience
- Complete miscellaneous communications tasks as necessary
- Completed or working toward a Bachelor’s in graphic design, marketing, communications, or other related field.
- Good to advanced knowledge of Adobe Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign is an advantage, and basic knowledge of these platforms is required.
- Interest in nonprofit work, specifically politically-oriented campus organizations, is a plus.
The Graphic Design and Digital Marketing intern position is a 10-15 hour per week internship for 8 weeks with the opportunity to extend. This internship is remote and unpaid but IDEAL will take all necessary steps to help interns earn college credit.
About IDEAL Inc.
Our mission is to change the way students think about politics and interact with each other in political discussion.
IDEAL CAMPUS, the foundation of the organization, is based on student civic engagement. Unique in its ability to provide students a place to grapple with difficult issues, IDEAL CAMPUS aims to establish the paradigm for a new generation of civic discourse and civic engagement, and we believe the answers lie in our incredible students.
IDEAL MEDIA, also known as Cherry Tree, applies this philosophy to its critical, thought provoking publications, podcasts, and live-interviews, in an effort to change the nature of the modern media. Cherry Tree is excited to bring a creative and innovative approach to journalism and news media.
IDEAL does not see a search for truth as an impediment to political success, but rather a mutually beneficial, communal excavation project. We are saddened by the modern political climate, but in our quest for the realization of a more just democracy, we are eager to help create a new IDEAL.
This internship is remote and unpaid but IDEAL will take all necessary steps to help interns earn college credit.