WOMEN'S EMPOWERMENT LEAD MANAGER - Internship Free Room and Board!!
- Internship posted by The Light and Leadership Initiative -- Huaycan, Peru
Hours per week
The Light and Leadership Initiative (LLI), a non profit working in Huaycan, Lima, Peru, is searching for an intern to lead our Women's empowerment program. The women’s empowerment program is focused on finance education with the goal of increasing women’s capacity for personal money management and to increase women’s capacity for starting and managing a small business.
- Overseeing the finance program
- Lead coordination of weekly finance classes
- Communicate with current and potential teachers, seeking out local/Peruvian teachers first
- Coordinate and/or lead social events in order to increase the sense of community among our participants
- Networking and maintaining/creating contacts for the program
- Teach at least one Computer Literacy Certification Course
- Opportunity to teach English classes within the program
- Train volunteers and oversee childcare for women’s program participants
- Track impact and program development, including attendance, annual survey results, any teacher and participant feedback, etc.
- Potential to participate in grant writing for the program
- Participate in weekly management meetings with the rest of the LLI team
- Be flexible and able to support the organization in other tasks if needed
This position is perfect for you if you...
-Are highly motivated by women's issues & education
-Possess advanced Spanish skills (written and oral)
-Are organized and an independent worker
-Possess strong interpersonal skills
-Are looking for real responsibility to make real impact in LLI's programs
-Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Gender Studies, International Development, Education, Program Development or a related field
-Possess a strong motivation and adaptation skills
We are looking for a lead manager to start on the March 29th 2019 and commit 12 months to LLI through 2020. Free Room and Board (meals and housing) provided during your stay at the Volunteer House, located in Huaycan.
Interested in assisting here and there with the women's program, but your Spanish skills aren't up to par or you can't make the time commitment? Consider teaching English or Art with LLI and helping out in our women's program in your free time!
Free Room and Board (meals and housing) provided during your stay at the Volunteer House, located in Huaycan, a monthly phone stipend to cover work-related costs, the opportunity to work and gain experience with a grassroots non-profit.