The internship will be paid at $20/hour.
Hours per week
Ideally, the candidate will be available for approximately 20 hours per week
Nationally recognized nonprofit venture philanthropy seeks Summit Communications Intern to support the communications team's work leading up to NewSchools Summit 2018.
NewSchools Venture Fund is a national nonprofit that supports and invests in promising and innovative education entrepreneurs and leaders, and helps them accomplish their missions to achieve outstanding results for the schools, students and educators they serve. We are committed to helping students graduate high school prepared and inspired to achieve their most ambitious dreams and plans. Through our investing, management assistance, network building and thought leadership, NewSchools helps to reimagine PreK-12 education.
We have a passionate, inclusive, bold, accountable and connected culture where employees at all levels have the opportunity to grow and contribute. Please visit our website at www.newschools.org to learn more about the NewSchools Venture Fund.
This position will report to the Senior Communications Coordinator. Ideally, the candidate will be available for approximately 20 hours per week from early April through the end of May in our office in Downtown Oakland. The candidate must be available to provide on-site support at Summit on May 7-9 in Burlingame, CA.
This internship is best suited for candidates who want to learn about and gain experience in nonprofit and event communications in a national venture philanthropy focused on education.
The internship will focus on supporting the communications team’s work to promote Summit 2018, including:
- Drafting social media and blog posts, and managing live social media posting and Facebook Live on-site at Summit;
- Researching and managing blog posts, and coordinating corresponding digital collateral;
- Working with event production team to create Summit wrap up videos;
- Creating day of and wrap up media reports;
- Managing event materials, including signage, on-site;
- Creating briefing materials and pitches for journalists;
- Proofing and posting content on the NewSchools website; and
- Helping with other communications projects as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, self-motivated and reliable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- A strong interest in education and communications
- Internet research skills and familiarity with MS Office programs, such as Word and Excel
- Eligible to work in the US
- Previous professional experience in an office setting required
- Experience with Twitter, tweet deck, Facebook, Facebook Live, LinkedIn and WordPress are highly desirable
How To Apply
Please follow this link to submit your application, including a resume and cover letter, by 11:59pm PT on Friday, March 2.
NewSchools Venture Fund is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.