Hours per week
Hollaback! is a global, people-powered movement to end harassment. We work together to understand the problem, ignite public conversations, and develop innovative strategies that ensure equal access to public spaces. We leverage the very spaces where harassment happens – from online to the streets – to have each other’s backs, create communities of resistance, and build a world where we can all be who we are, wherever we are.
The fellowship will run for a full year with an estimated time commitment of 20 hours per week. We offer a $400 stipend per month. The candidate will work from our office in downtown Brooklyn for the first six months, and then will be given the option to work from home 1-2 days a week based on performance.
Primary Fellowship Responsibilities
The Hollaback! Legislative and Development Fellowship offers an exciting opportunity for an energetic people-person with a can-do attitude and an eagerness to learn. The legislative and development fellow will assist with our legislative work in NYC and support our development team.
As a Legislative and Development Fellow you will:
- Develop and mail an outreach letter and map of harassment in their district to all NYC Councilmembers.
- Set up and attend budget meetings with 10 NYC Councilmembers.
- Attend NYC legislative hearings and rallies on behalf of the organization.
- Assist with donor cultivation and messaging via fundraising databases, enter new donors into database.
- Develop social media content and email messaging for our spring individual giving campaign.
- Research foundations and other fundraising opportunities
- Participate in organization brainstorms and meetings.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- A current student or recent graduate with a strong commitment to Hollaback!’s mission
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, results driven and motivated by project management and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong familiarity with monitoring and developing social media content
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Quick-thinker - can boil a great amount of information into take-aways and next steps
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive growth plans
- Eager to take on challenges with a sense of humor
- Flexibility with work tasks
- $400 stipend per month.
- The candidate will work from our office in downtown Brooklyn for the first six months, and then will be given the option to work from home 1-2 days a week based on performance.
How To Apply
To apply, please email a PDF resume to email@example.com (as an attachment) and include the cover letter in the body of the email. The cover letter should include answers to the following questions:
- Why do you care about ending harassment?
- Tell us about a time when you identified something that either wasn’t working or was unjust, and what steps you took to change it.
Hollaback! is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.