Hours per week
Familia Cabrera Calle S/N
Barra de Potosi
Whales of Guerrero seeks one to two highly motivated communications interns interested in marine conservation, marine mammal science, education, community development and participatory research in SW Pacific Mexico. Duties may be split between two people based on interests and skill sets.
All work will be conducted remotely. A minimum of 5 hours per week for 3 months is the anticipated time commitment for these positions.
· Develop electronic and printed educational and outreach materials, including flyers, advertisements, factsheets, newsletters, and brochures.
· Compile stories and create content to support Whales of Guerrero development and communication needs, including social media, newsletters and blogs.
· Help to implement Whales of Guerrero Facebook, Instagram and Twitter posts.
· Support individual and monthly donor communication, acknowledgement, and stewardship efforts.
· Update the Whales of Guerrero website, contribute content, graphics and visuals, and develop video content.
· Enhance and organize the image library as assets are acquired and created, so images are consistently labeled and made easily accessible to users.
· Assist with projects and perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Excellent research and organizational skills
- Attention to detail, along with ability to work independently and creatively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Interest and background experience in Mexico, conservation, education, community development and marine wildlife.
- Interest in fundraising and development
Whales of Guerrero is committed to ensuring that our interns have a memorable and rewarding experience. The intern will have flexibility to ensure that his/her skills, needs, and interests are met. Interns will receive opportunities to network during the internship and will receive a letter of recommendation upon completion of the three-month commitment.