WhyHunger believes a world without hunger is possible. We provide critical resources to support grassroots movements and fuel community solutions rooted in social, environmental, racial and economic justice. We are working to end hunger and advance the human right to nutritious food in the U.S. and around the world. Learn more at WhyHunger.org
WhyHunger is adhering to State and City guidelines, along with staff input, to protect employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates must be able to work remotely until at least December 2021.
WhyHunger is seeking a creative, motivated and committed intern to assist the Communications Department in implementing strategic communications initiatives at a thriving global non-profit. WhyHunger believes a world without hunger is possible. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Intern will gain hands on experience in implementing strategic communications, including online marketing, writing and editing articles, outreach campaigns, social media, media relations and general communications projects. A valued and supported member of the team, the Communications Intern will have real responsibilities and impact, alongside the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of communications in the non-profit setting.
· Draft and edit creative content including articles, graphics and promotional materials for use across various platforms
· Assist with planning and outreach activities for events and campaigns, including our biggest annual campaign, Hungerthon, and any associated activations
· Collaborate with program staff to gather stories, images and quotes from our grassroots partners
· Assist with managing WhyHunger’s blog as well as collaborating with our Digital Communications Assistant in building a dynamic social media schedule and visual presence
· Designing and developing evergreen content
· Assist members of the team with follow up and general office duties as needed
· Interest in WhyHunger’s mission to end hunger and advance the human right to nutritious food
· Commitment to racial, social, economic, and environmental justice and a desire to be part of an anti-racist organizational culture
· Experience in communications, journalism, graphic design or comparable skills
· Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
· Confident and creative visual storyteller with strong attention to detail
· Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and storytelling
· Basic graphic design skills and ability to learn new technologies, including familiarity with adobe creative suite and/or canva
· Ability to work on multiple projects and manage time efficiently, flexibility and initiative
· A sense of humor and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Website (WordPress), Constant Contact, Google Analytics, Photoshop and video editing experience a plus
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, please apply early.
Salary & Hours:
This internship is 20 hours/ 3 days per week; Position pays $15/hr. The Communications Intern reports to the Communications Manager
WhyHunger is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to being a diverse, inclusive and anti-racist organization. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, medical conditions, disability, genetic information or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law.
WhyHunger believes a world without hunger is possible. We provide critical resources to support grassroots movements and fuel community solutions rooted in social, environmental, racial and economic justice. We are working to…