Hours per week
24 hours per week, or more
1304 Commonwealth Avenue
Lovin’ Spoonfuls is an organization that facilitates the recovery and distribution of healthy, perishable food that would otherwise be discarded. Lovin’ Spoonfuls works efficiently to deliver this food directly to the community organizations and resources where it can have the greatest impact. Lovin’ Spoonfuls is committed to addressing the health, environmental and economic impact that food waste has on our community. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Lovin’ Spoonfuls is a 501c3, non-profit organization.
Lovin’ Spoonfuls seeks a dedicated individual for 24 hours per week for the Winter/Spring Semester. The intern will work primarily with our development team to assist with daily operations, research projects, systems implementation, and more. The intern will also work with our operations team as needed and may at times support communications projects as well. This is an unpaid internship starting on or around January 7, 2019.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- SalesForce engagement
- Gift processing
- Tax receipt issuing
- Grant research
- Donor research
- Fundraising event support
- Operations project support & research
- Communications project support & research
- Administrative support: may include scheduling, filing, data entry / maintenance and other daily office operations items.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed. As a small start-up organization, the ability to pitch in where and when needed is critical.
- Organized, reliable, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical research skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff and volunteers
- Strong customer service and phone skills
- Desire to work for and grow with a mission-driven organization
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Apps
- Experience with SalesForce preferred
- Access to reliable transportation (office location is Comm Ave, Allston)
How To Apply
Send cover letter & resume via our HR system.