Hours per week
2-3 days per week for a total of 15-20 hours per week through December 31st, 2018
Who we are:
For over 25 years, CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country:
- Helping communities create 200,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions forever;
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps;
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking a Housing Finance and Policy Intern to work with the Community Investment and External Affairs teams. The intern will support the development of CSH’s strategy and response to supportive housing finance opportunities. The intern will develop a deep understanding of supportive housing finance policy and sources and gain valuable experience in research, analysis, and systems change.
Location: 61 Broadway, Suite 2300, New York, NY
Time Commitment: 2-3 days a week for 15 -20 hours through December 31, 2018
Compensation: $20 per hour
What you will do:
Under the supervision of the Director of State Policy, the intern duties and responsibilities include:
- Research state housing finance policies and financing sources, with a focus on Qualified Allocation Plans governing the distribution of federal Low Income Housing Tax Credits and state and local bond programs;
- Analyze information and identify trends and innovations for financing supportive housing units across the United States;
- Assist in drafting narrative analysis and communication materials highlighting analysis findings;
- Assist in creating market comparison tools to prioritize lending markets; and
- Work collaboratively to prepare and distribute media alerts, blogs and other social media.
Do you have:
The successful candidate will be adaptable, entrepreneurial, collaborative, innovative, flexible, and a problem solver. Her/his work will be driven by strategic thinking and executed with creativity and efficiency. She/he will demonstrate patience and a commitment to treating others with respect.
Candidates for this internship must meet the following qualifications:
- Current candidacy for Master’s degree in Public Administration or Policy, Real Estate, Urban Planning, or other relevant program
- Relevant professional and/or academic experience
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management
- Demonstrate good judgment and attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
How To Apply
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it always has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer.