Become an intern for 'Centre for Environment, Health and Safety' !
The vital work of EduCARE India with the Red Cross and the local Disaster Management Authority at our collaborative 'Centre for Environment, Health and Safety' is made possible by people like you who contribute their unique backgrounds, talents and skill levels. We have volunteer-internship opportunities to match a wide range of interests and time commitment. Our needs change based on current events, adding flexibility to get you involved in an area that inspires you!
There are several opportunities and services that the Centre has to offer before, during and after the emergencies and disasters !
Assist in Before, During, and After Crisis activities
- Risk Analysis and Planning for Risk Reduction
- Disaster and Emergencies Preparedness through awareness, training and capacity building of safety information in at-risk communities.
- Disaster Action Team - Prepare community based Disaster Action Plans, volunteers, teams and leaders/supervisors.
- Disaster Services - Provide food, shelter, comfort and home, and psyco-social support for affected individuals / families affected by major disasters.
- Disaster Preparedness Presenter - Educate individuals and groups on how to be prepared before a disaster occurs.
- Outreach - Attend community events to share the mission of Centre for Environment, Health & Safety; EduCARE India, the Red Cross with others so that they may have the tools they need to keep their family safe in times of crisis.
Support Our Partners
- Policy Intern - Review the local Disaster Management policies and plans.
- Hospital Volunteer - Lend a hand to patients and administrative staff at Maple Leaf Hospital.
- Caseworker - Ensure delivery of emergency communications for members of the Emergency and Psychosocial support patients and their families.
Provide Office and Warehouse Support
- Clerical - Assist with administrative tasks.
- Staff Support - Help with routine maintenance duties such as preparing inventories, samples for stocking supplies and checking inventory at shelters.
Take a Leadership Role
- Volunteer Services - Assist with volunteer recruitment, placement, record keeping and recognition.
- Community Volunteer Leader - Community Volunteer Leaders (CVL) act as a "face of EduCARE India and Red Cross" to the local community and focus upon recruiting volunteers and managing key local relationships.
- Board Members - Serve on local boards and help with fundraising and marketing programs. Be the face of the Red Cross the local community as a role-model and ensure that we are serving the community well.
Assist with resource mobilisation efforts
- Special Events - Support fundraising and special events.
- Thank a Donor - Make calls to thank the financial donors of Red Cross and Maple Leaf Hospital towards the Emergency and Disaster Management Centre c/o Centre for Environment, Health and Safety.
Use Your Communication Skills
- Grant Researching/Writing - Assist the fundraising team as they research, write and execute grants.
- Presentations - Develop / provide presentations about our programs and projects to various stakeholders
- PR / Public Affairs - Tell our story of work and impact preparing for and during emergencies and disasters.
Engage in Our Efforts Internationally
- International partnerships - Assist in the building international partnerships for knowledge sharing, resource mobilisation and capacity building.
- Build international university partnerships to recruit volunteers and interns for our programs / projects
- Language Bank - Utilize your language skills to translate.
Details at a glance
- Stipend $40 to $80 with minimum after 1-month stay and training for limited paid positions
- On-site Location
- Training Provided
- Boarding and Lodging / Housing and Meals available
- Language / Cultural Support Available
- Groups Welcome
- Families Welcome
- International Volunteers Welcome