Hours per week
15 hours per week
322 Eighth Avenue
Graduate Intern at CollegeBound Initiative (CBI)
Student Leadership Network supports two life-changing programs that empower students to break the cycle of poverty through education: The Young Women’s Leadership Schools, a network of high-performing all-girls public secondary schools, and CollegeBound Initiative, a school-based college access program for young women and men. Student Leadership Network programs promote a college-going culture in schools and makes the dream of college a reality for students from low-income communities. To learn more, visit www.studentleadershipnetwork.org.
CBI is seeking a Graduate Intern who will report to CBI’s Senior Manager to provide administrative and project support to the broader CBI management team as they maximize the college acceptance rates and enrollment outcomes. The successful candidate will have had a positive experience navigating the college application/financial aid process and a passion for expanding educational opportunities for at-risk students.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Programs: Support the coordination and implementation of CBI Network-wide student events, in-school and out-of-school-time programs.
- Administrative support: Support data collection, office operations, organizing files, prepping materials for events and other responsibilities as needed.
- New Initiatives: Support the implementation of new central office initiatives and external partnerships.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited college or university.
- Major or concentration in Education, Youth Services, or other related field.
- Knowledge of the college access landscape.
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate one-to-one, in small groups and at public events.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on Excel.
- Commitment to the work of college access and a demonstrated belief in the CBI and Student Leadership Network missions.
The Graduate Intern is expected to work 15 hours per week from the start date through June 30th, 2019 with the opportunity to continue into the summer. The work schedule will be determined by CBI’s Senior Manager in coordination to meeting the needs of the CBI program. This position will be paid hourly at a rate of $17. Payments are scheduled biweekly. FLSA Status: Non- Exempt. Student Leadership Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits: Not applicable.
How To Apply
Application instructions: Please email your resume, cover letter and a current official college transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, second-round candidates will be asked to submit two letters of recommendation (one academic and one professional). No phone calls please.