Hours per week
333 East 38th Street
For 66 years, the Children's Cancer and Blood Foundation (CCBF) has helped the Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology of New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center grow into one of the most comprehensive programs for children with cancer and blood disorders. CCBF's mission is threefold: to provide clinical care for children with cancer and blood disorders; to foster research to help understand the causes of these disorders; and to sponsor the fellowship training of pediatricians in pediatric hematology and oncology.
CCBF seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist with event planning and fundraising efforts. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is interested in learning more about non-profit fundraising and event planning. CCBF is a small nonprofit and this internship offers practical hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain valuable skills.
- Supporting staff with logistics associated with special events, including assisting with creation of invitation list, all logistics, soliciting sponsors, communicating with vendors and venues.
- Manage and implement a plan for securing auction/raffle items and in-kind donations when necessary.
- Recruit individuals to volunteer at special events.
- Attend all scheduled events.
- Assist staff with grant application writing and tracking.
- Assist with conducting prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Support marketing operations by compiling, formatting, and reporting information and materials.
- Assist in other related projects as assigned.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably with an interest in non-profit development and event planning
- Previous internship or related experience in fundraising or event planning
- Most be computer literate
- Professional demeanor and excellent phone etiquette
- Must have good organizational skills, knowledge and ability to follow instruction.
- Ability to work independently as well as in conjunction with a team
- Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, and detail-oriented.
Time Commitment: flexible
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email: email@example.com with a resume and introduction.
Not phone calls please!