Development and public relations intern for domestic violence nonprofit
- Internship posted by Proyecto Esperanza Guatemala
to be discussed
Hours per week
20 hours per week for a minimum of 4 months, potential for contracted long term position
7ta Calle Callejón Aurora 17-193
We’re looking for 1-2 fundraising and public relations interns to work with a non-profit organization based in San Marcos, Guatemala. Dependent on the intern’s situation, this position may become permanent paid at a threshold to be discussed in interview process, with competitive pay depending on experience. This will be a remote position, requiring 20 hours per week and a 4 month minimum commitment. The position can start as early as October 22, 2018 but will be open until filled.
Who we are
Proyecto Esperanza is a small team of professionals working to prevent domestic violence, child abuse, and public health crises in Guatemala, where domestic violence, abuse, and poverty rates are some of the highest in the world and criminal impunity is at more than 95%. Our vision is a Guatemala free of family violence with prosperity and opportunity available to all. We are teachers, community organizers, attorneys, psychologists, social workers, and other professionals and world changers seeking to make fundamental changes in the fabric of society with strength-based approaches to problem-solving and development.
Integrity is Easy.
fundraising, online & traditional public relations, social media management, communications support
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive marketing contact list
- Create original designed content based on internal communications calendar
- Develop and execute fundraising campaigns for both ongoing and one-time donations, including but not limited to crowdsourcing, solicitation of private groups and individuals, events, and grantwriting
- Provide administrative and marketing support
- Create promotional literature, posts, tweets, and other online marketing content
- Develop monthly newsletter, blog posts, and content related to public relations goals
- Meet with team weekly and assist with organizing files, reports, calls, and other administrative data
- Attend conferences and participate in local outreach events
- High school diploma required, bachelor degree in progress
- Individual with entrepreneurial spirit who is innovative, dependable, persistent, and ambitious
- Must be comfortable working both as a team and working on projects independently
- Excellent networking and communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Have at least one year prior work or educational experience in given field
- Above average knowledge of social media with engaging presence and demonstrated effective use social media campaigns
- Moderate familiarity with Wordpress and the ability to maintain websites and blogs
- Bilingual English/Spanish ideal but not required
Benefits and learning opportunities
- Work alongside a close team of community organizers and professionals, who believe in changing the world through direct action
- Develop your networking, writing and marketing skills through a variety of responsibilities
- Has the potential to be a paid position with competitive salary and benefits once fundraising reaches a (low) threshold to be discussed
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter, with any available portfolio items (preferred but not required) in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject "Proyecto Esperanza Development Position (Your City)". We will accept inquiries on an ongoing basis until the position is closed, but priority will be giving to those received by end of October 31, 2018.
We prefer to receive references with initial materials as well but that is not required, and we will not contact before an interview and applicant authorization for contact.